Here's an exciting opportunity to join our Kirk Pharmacy team as a Pharmacy Assistant. If you find it rewarding caring for the well-being of others and would like to assist people to achieve a healthier life, then we want to hear from you!
- Assist with the sales and operations of the Pharmacy department.
- Provide excellent customer service, helping customers with questions, locating items and providing guidance on supplements, and related products without ‘prescribing’.
- Working closely with the Pharmacists, maintain proper product assortment, merchandising and inventory control to avoid out of stocks and overstocks.
- Prepare, package, stock (and rotate stock), store and display merchandise appropriately.
- Comply with all regulatory and company rules, regulations, and sanitation standards.
- Listen to customer complaints, examine returned merchandise and refer problems to Pharmacists/Pharmacy Manager.
- Receive prescriptions from patients and verify that the required information is on the form.
- Type prescription labels which include information such as patient’s name, clinician’s name, name of medications and dosage instruction and give to Pharmacist to review.
- Compile daily statistics such as number of patients requesting prescriptions, new prescriptions received and number of refill orders.
- Assist the Pharmacist with inventory by counting drugs and supplies.
- Maintain and update patient records.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least 1 year of related experience and working towards certification.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a proven background of being customer service-focused and professional.
- Must be well-organized, able to use initiative with the ability to multi-task & prioritize workload.
- Must have knowledge of basic math and must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend fluent English; ability to
speak/comprehend a second language is desirable.
- Skills in using office equipment such as copier and cash register, and/or calculator.
- Proficiency in using a pharmacy computer system such as QS1, Nexus or Koroll is desirable.
- Must always adhere to and maintain absolute customer confidentiality.
Work hours: 40-hour work week. Willingness to work rotating shifts, including evenings, weekends, public holidays and flexible hours if required.
Compensation: CI$10.00 – CI$16.00 per hour, depending on experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.