We're looking for a:
Kirk Market is looking for an experienced Cook. The ideal candidate will have good working knowledge of a diverse range of Caribbean and International cuisines and have strong knowledge of food production.
- Wash, cut, prepare and cook a variety of local and international foods and other related products
- Clean, stock, and restock workstations and display cases.
- Maintain regular sanitation and cleaning programs
- Assist in ordering and inventory control of ingredients and supplies
- Receive and prepare orders
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Recommend new, modern recipes.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a Cook in a high volume supermarket or restaurant environment. Cooking qualifications will be desirable.
- Must have knowledge of preparing and cooking local and international foods.
- Must have good working knowledge of kitchen equipment and procedures, safety and sanitation regulations and strong knowledge of food and food production.
- Must be willing to adhere and maintain excellent customer service in accordance with company guidelines.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend fluent English.
- Ability to work in hot & cold environment, stand, walk, bend, use hands and appliances, and lift heavy items (up to 50lbs) for extended periods.
40 hour work week. Willingness to work weekends, public holidays and flexible hours if needed.
CI$10.50-CI$14.00 per hour, depending on experience.
Kirk Market offers its team members a company-sponsored pension plan, health insurance plan, vacation and other competitive benefits.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.