Kirk Market is currently looking for a Team Lead Supervisor to join our Leadership Team. If you are looking for your next career challenge, then this may be the role for you.
The holder of the position is responsible for the general day to day running of their designated team within a department. They must be approachable and lead through the company pillars using coaching and supporting methods to get the very best out of our colleagues. They must develop a culture of acceptance, guidance, accountability and honesty as well as be aligned and promote our Core Values.
Essential Job Functions:
- Guide and support team members by assigning work duties as per business need.
- Motivate and inspire team members to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Ensure team members have relevant resources and tools to be successful in meeting goals/targets.
- Open communication with team members and provide ongoing feedback.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Assist Supervisors with the management of team members and following internal processes (including disciplinary, absence management, schedules & payroll)
- Observe and maintain company sanitation and food safety standards.
- Minimize waste through Loss Prevention and cross-departmental transfers.
- Operate POS system and balance cash when required.
- Uphold company core values at all times.
- Be the subject matter expert on our products.
- Other related duties as assigned by Manager.
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience in a similar role.
- Must have leadership skills.
- Grocery/retail industry knowledge/experience desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of food services, food hygiene & safety practices.
- Have great interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly, politely and persuasively with all levels across diverse cultures.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend fluent English.
- Must have good PC skills, especially with the use of Microsoft Office Packages.
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback. Reliable and dependable; able to work a flexible schedule.
- Have good organizational and time-management skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Required to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Repetitive arm and hand movements; bending, carrying, reaching, squatting and lifting, stooping and handling of materials.
- Must be able to lift (up to 50lbs) at times.
- May be required to operate machinery with moving mechanical parts (forklift certification desirable but not essential).
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezers, outdoors, etc.)
40 hour work week. Willingness to work weekends, public holidays and flexible hours if required.
CI$10.25 - CI$17.50 per hour, depending on experience.
Kirk Market offers its team members a company-sponsored pension plan, health insurance plan, vacation and other competitive benefits.
CAYMANIANS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
*Please note, we are only considering on island applicants*