Kirk Market is seeking an experienced and savvy grocery Buyer to join our Purchasing Team! If you enjoy the fun challenge of product research, ordering and problem solving, then this could be the perfect next step in your career.
- Purchase grocery products and maintain appropriate back stock levels.
- Maintain accurate and consistent records of items bought, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories.
- Build, maintain and manage relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for best pricing.
- Follow and monitor external market trends to anticipate customer needs.
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities.
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- Work collaboratively across departments such as merchandising, marketing, and operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven purchasing experience of at least three (3) years, preferably in the area of FMCG.
- Strong working knowledge of the food service industry.
- Experience in dealing with global suppliers.
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with MS Office Suite.
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Strong communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
Work Hours: 40 hour work week. Willingness to work evenings, weekends, public holidays and flexible hours if needed.
Compensation: CI$35,000 to $50,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Kirk Market offers its team members a company-sponsored pension plan, health insurance plan, vacation and other competitive benefits.
Deadline for submissions: 26 February 2021
Caymanians are encouraged to apply.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview.