We're looking for a;
Kirk Market is seeking an experienced and savvy grocery Buyer to join our purchasing team! If you enjoy the fun challenge of product research, ordering and problem solving, then this could be the perfect next step in your career.
- Order grocery products and maintain appropriate back stock levels.
- Maintain accurate and consistent records of items bought, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories.
- Work collaboratively across departments such as merchandising, marketing and operations.
- Follow external market trends to anticipate customer needs.
- Assist in evaluating vendors and negotiating based on price, quality, and delivery speed.
- Evaluate and monitor contracts to ensure vendors comply with the agreed terms.
- Communicate with staff and vendors regarding miss-picks or defective product.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least three (3) years of purchasing experience, preferably in the area of retail Food and Beverage Sales.
- Minimum of an associate degree from an accredited university or college in a relevant field, such as business, supply chain management or retailing.
- Strong working knowledge of the food service industry.
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with MS Office Suite, particularly Excel and Access.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with several cross-functional teams, colleagues and suppliers.
40 hour work week. Willingness to work evenings, weekends, public holidays and flexible hours if required.
CI$35,000 to $50,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Kirk Market offers its team members a company-sponsored pension plan, health insurance plan, vacation and other competitive benefits..
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: OCTOBER 16TH, 2020.