Internal ref: 13638
Kirk Market is currently recruiting an experienced and skilled Butcher to provide high-quality meats and services to our customers. If you are passionate and knowledgeable about meat and seafood, then we want to hear from you.
- Cutting, grinding, and preparing meats for sale.
- Cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment and ensuring displays and signage are accurate and attractive.
- Weighing, packaging, pricing, and displaying products.
- Keeping records, budgets, and inventory.
- Performing quality inspections on meats and other products.
- Adhering to robust food safety and sanitation controls.
- Minimum experience of 3 years in a meat cutting and/or food preparation environment.
- Knowledge of meat preparation techniques and cuts is essential.
- Butchery/meat cutting experience is a must.
- Ability to use tools like meat grinders, knives, saws and other tools to cut meat down into smaller portions.
- Ability to stand or walk for extending periods, lift heavy items and work in cold environments.
- Additional training is often required.
- Strong communication and customer service skills
Up to 45 hours per week, with willingness to work weekends, public holidays and flexible hours, if required.
$8.25 - $15.00 per hour depending on experience.
Kirk Market offers its team members a company-sponsored pension plan, health insurance plan, vacation and other competitive benefits.